Monday 2 June 2014

What Was Your Holiday Job?

So, today Colin starts his new holiday job...which is in an Ice-Cream Factory - how good is that!  Yup, for the whole of the summer, Colin will be working at Mackie's Ice-Cream plant in Rothienorman, doing...I'm not quite sure what, but I'm sure over the coming weeks I'll be able to tell you more.

So with his new job in mind, I thought an ice-cream themed card would be appropriate and luckily enough I have the PB stamp Hedgy Flavour and MME papers with cones, perfect for the occasion!


I then got to thinking, what did everyone else do for holiday jobs, anything exciting?  Mine was pretty good too, I worked as a beach lifeguard for several summers, but before you think Baywatch, just remember I live in the North East of Scotland and the North Sea is a tad colder than the Pacific Ocean!  Anyway I'd love to hear what you all did so please let me know.

Challenges;
Papertake - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Cute
Chocolate Coffee & Cards - Embossing
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Summer's coming

Training Update
Feeling heaps better again now so training has resumed, still rubbish at running though so it will be intensive training from now on - the race is in 3 weeks, YIKES! Jx

15 comments:

brenda said...

It was strawberry picking for me, then goosgogs and so it went on as the fruit came into season. And I still adore strawberries.

Great PB card Janice, hope you week is a good one.

B x

Jane Savage said...

....sweeping hair up at my mum's hairdressing salon!! That stuff got EVERYWHERE!!
Gorgeous card! Such an adorable image and the perfect backing paper!
Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

I was the Wonder of Woolies!!! Worked in Woolworths for a few summers. Loved it. :) Your card is brilliant and just perfect for the sunny days!!!
Love Hazelxx

Claire said...

This is just adorable. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Wonderful card Janice. I love the image and gorgeous papers.
I hope Colin is enjoying his job. Nothing so exciting for me, I worked in a newsagents!
Sue xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is SO sweet Janice… the little hedgie with his ice cream is adorable… and those papers are so cool !! fab layout and I love the border… it reminds me of an ice cream cone… brilliant! :-)
I worked on the Ice Cream!!! counter at John Lewis during Summer hols… loved working there… but have to say by the end of six weeks I was SO sickened by ice cream!!! Lol… we always had to test the first few ice creams after setting up the machine… and of course we had to practice doing the swirly whirly thing too… so we ate a lot!! the worst part was cleaning out the machine at the end of the day... yuk! the smell was awful !! but I'm sure Colin will have a much nicer job at the main factory! hope he enjoys it there... always exciting getting your first job! :-))
Love Sue xx

Sarah said...

Fab card Janice and I love the "wafer" embossed panel. I worked in the kitchen of a local restaurant for extra holiday pennies when I was a girlie. I thought it was the height of sophistication as we had
" duckettes" on the menu...duck in batter!! xx

Debbie said...

This is a fabulous card Janice...Love the image. I was a Saturday girl in a shoe shop....Goodness I'd almost forgotten about that!!! xx

Lisa said...

Very sweet card Janice, and great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

I worked in a restaurant at night & in the day helped out the RSPCA long time ago!!!
Love your card, those papers were made for that image!
Hugs Shell xx

coops said...

so gorgeous janice.fab sweet hedgie and your colouring is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Whisper said...

I worked in BHS public restaurant (when i was at school) and when i went to college it was Boots The Chemist staff restaurant. I told H what Colin's summer job is and he is so jealous.

I so love that adorable image and what a great layout too, Luv Sam x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Janice, super cute image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Tamie said...

Loving the texture behind your very cute image! The papers are fabulous too. Thank you so so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Creative Knockouts Summer's Coming Challenge.

Tamie DT

Aunty Sue said...

A Lovely card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz come back tomorrow to see who have won and our new challenge