Monday 9 June 2014

Male/Father's Day

Today I am delighted to announce that I am Guest Designer for Oh La La Creations for the month of June and that today see's the start of a new challenge.  (Thank you so much Anne for asking me onto the team, I'm loving working with your files.)

The theme is
Male/Father's Day

So I think we'll see loads of entries this time around.

For my card, I used files from two different CD collections by OLL.

My first card is made from items off the Boys To Men CD - available here.  The sentiment was computer generated and a few extra die cuts were added.  The image is a gorgeous harbour scene which I love.  The layers on this one were diamond cut and stuck together with tape.  Papers were also from the CD.




Next I worked with the Shaun Jenkins Collection - Garden Shelf and a lovely bright bird box image.  Again decoupaged but this time in rectangles and set up on foam pads.



I made both cards just to play around with the decoupage technique then didn't know which one to use, so I've included both!

Now if like me, you've never crafted from a CD before please give it a try.  Before I started on my cards, I asked around and googled things, and if you're interested, see the post below for tips on working from a CD.

Finally for anyone interested, the super new OLL "Say It With Words" CD launches today on Create & Craft at 3pm.  Think I'll be watching that one and perhaps some of you may wish to tune in too? Jx

Challenges;
Sentimental Sunday - 210 - Anything Goes & Include a sentiment
That Crafty Place - Men
Crafty Bugs - Something for the boys
Crafting at The Weekend - Anything Goes
Digi Galore - Nautical or Blue - first card, harbour/nautical, Second Blue.
City Crafters Challenge - Nautical - Harbour Scene
Creative Card Crew - Nautical - Harbour
Papertake - Anything Goes
Hobby Cutz - 51 - Fathers Day/Masculine

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Two great examples Janice.Love the nautical scene, but the garden shed scene is my favourite!! I have the original Shawn Jenkins Collection AND Yuletide Wishes from OLL and have only used them for papers...shame on me!! xx

Unknown said...

Adorable!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

cotnob said...

Two gorgeous cards Janice, you soon got to grips with CD crafting and layering your images.
Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

brenda said...

I have never done CD crafting either Janice but your lovely cards could easily persuade me.

B x

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific nautical card!! Perfect for the challenge ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Masculine cards are so hard, but you've rocked it with not one, but two cards. Go you.

Thanks for the really lovely comment at mine. And yep, I coloured her!

xx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh 2 super cards both perfect for our challenge bless you for playing At TCP hugs cheryl xx

Sue said...

These are fabulous Janice. I love the images and brilliant designs.
Sue xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Janice… what fab images… I love the harbour scene and the bunting and wave border are perfect… and love the colours on the second card… it's a fab image and very scrummy papers! :-)
Big congrats on your GD spot with OLL!! enjoy it !!
Hope you had a great weekend...
Sorry I have been AWOL last week... needed a break from blogging... just been looking at your cards and LOVE the pooh card!! :-))
there have been a few times when I could appreciate that card!! ROFL
Lotsa Love
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Anne said...

Great to have you as our GD this month. So pleased to hear you're enjoying learning new techniques. Two fabulous cards Janice. Hugs x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards for our challenge at Ladybug Crafts, Thank you, xxxx

Michelle J M said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Janice. I cannot believe you haven't done decoupage before, your cards are fabulous and the decoupage so neat. Just had a good laugh at your "Poo" card! Michelle x

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Fabulous male cards..Thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

Wendi said...

Fabulous cards Janice, my fav is the Shawn Jenkins one, I love his artwork, but you will not be disappointed with the new one it's a beautiful Cd, lovely to have you on the team this month, and look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations with the new Cd hopefully, just posted it off this afternoon Happy Crafting
Wendi owner of Ooh la la Creations

Denise said...

This is amazing both your cards! Like wise I have not done CD crafting a lot, but yours is amazing. Thank you for sharing your fantastic creation with us at Hobbycutz. Good Luck in the draw ......
Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Shell said...

Gorjuss card hun, thanks for joining us at Digi Galore this week. Shell xx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew!
Hugs, Yvonne

coops said...

stunning male cards janice.fab designs and i love the images ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our nautical challenge hugs Tania xx (DT)