Thursday 5 June 2014

Pearls in My Hair

Sorry I never got back to the previous post, just never got time on Tues! My Dad underwent an op on Tuesday and got home early evening in a considerable amount of pain.  Glad to report now that after a few nights sleep he is doing really well and is much more comfortable.  Now all we need do is keep him out of the garden for the next two weeks! (He's not one to be an invalid for long!)

Back to my card now and it's another Day for Daisies image that Colin gave me for Christmas.  Again everyone else seemed to use it over a year ago, but that's me just getting round to it now!


She's called Pearls in my Hair - Available here.  Colouring is by Promarker & I added liquid pearls to her hair - as instructed in said title! Papers are the lovely Bo Bunny - Pincushion Collection and the sentiment LOTV.

Challenges;
I Love Promarkers - Use a Digi - ADFD
As You Like It - Favourite Embossing technique - Why? Tried both powders and folders but have to say folders are my preferred option as there are just so many great folders around whice create such super backgrounds and strips.
ADFD - Kraft - 2nd entry - please say if this isn't allowed?
Sketch Saturday - Blast from the past - SS -228
I'm quite bad for doing this!
Once I see my card on the computer screen once I've photographed it I want to make changes! Above I thought the embossed border was just a bit broad and needed to be broken up.  Couldn't cut it to make it thinner.  Couldn't add ribbon as it was all stuck down - so went with buttons!


13 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card Janice, with and without the buttons!! Glad the op went well xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW this is so sweet, what a great image, Love it, Hope you Dad is better soon, Love Hazelxox

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous image beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Im back, you are naughty as i ended up buying this image cause i loved your card so much!!! Love Hazelxx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and lovely embossing. Thanks for sharing over on AYLI. Carolxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Janice. I love the pretty image, fabulous colouring and beautiful papers too.
I hope you dad makes a quick recovery so he can get back doing what he enjoys.
Sue xx

Claire Grantham said...

Janice, glad to hear your Dad is doing good. Love the card, the image is stunning..going to purchase NOW. Cx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Janice and it's colored beautifully, I love the added buttons! Glad to hear your dad is doing well. Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Tammy

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card Janice!

Susan xx

Judith said...

I love this pretty image Janice - I've seen it lots of times and it always makes a stunning card - this one's no exception. Glad to hear your dads recovering - hope he does as he's told in his convalescence! hugs Judith x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Janice, this is beautiful. I love the colours x

Debra Miller said...

Just wanted to let you know you won a couple blog hop prizes at Sketch Saturday! Congrats Deb

Zw@@n said...

Wow, such a stunning card, Janice. Beautiful colours and great digi.
Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma