Thursday 8 July 2010

Holidays 'r' Here!

Well the schools broke up with us last Friday so we're now officially on holiday - well my boys are anyway. Sadly they are passed the beachy days where you jump around on rocks, pick up shells & prod at crabs! This stamp however sums up happy childhood holidays for me. We stayed on the coast, & if it was sunny, (& sometimes even when it wasn't) we headed for the beach.



Anyway enough of a story, & onto the card. Using the layout on the Sugar Bowl Challenge & a Funky Kits stamp called Rockpool Fun, this card has appeared!

I'm also entering this card for the challenge on My Partner In Crafting Crime, where the theme is summertime.



I'm actually quite pleased with my choice of papers on this one too. I used Basic Grey Cupcake Papers. Normally I really struggle with cards requiring 3 papers, but this time, the orange represents the sun, the wavey blue the sea, & obviously we all have an ice-cream on a sunny day at the beach!

Finally, the challenge is called Scallops - so I had to include a little charm of one on the side too.
Jx

6 comments:

annies place said...

Looks like they're having lots of fun, fab card Ann x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Robin said...

Great papers and love the little charm! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

coops said...

gorgeous card,the image is really fab and sums up holiday times perfectly.i love your papers and colours and great layout..luv coops.xx

Maureen said...

Great card and I love the image, reminds of collecting crabs when I was young. Your lovely charm is so apt.
Maureen............x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card - l remember those days so well x Susan x