Friday 9 March 2012

Christmas Cupcake

It's a while since I've made a Christmas card, so I thought I'd better get one made so that I'm still on schedule for 1 Xmas card/week.

This card came together surprisingly quickly. After staring at the CCWS sketch for well over a week, I hit on an idea tonight & here is the result.

I absoultely love this Christmas Cupcake stamp by Bugaboo. I'm normally a traditional kinds fan, but there's something about this glitzy beauty that I love!

Papers are that old Dovecraft pack that I'm getting through but still lovin! Sentiment LOTV & glitx from Stickles.


Challenges;
CCWS - A lovely sketch + Baby it's cold outside - so come in for coffee & a cupcake!!!
ABC Xmas - E for evergreen - my holly & green papers
CHCC - Red - A little or a lot! I went for little on the holly
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Green & White

Finally congrats to Alan - he passed his driving theory test today, YIPEE! Jx

15 comments:

Hazel said...

What a delightful card - love the cupcake and the pop of red - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 62 - hope to see you again soon (new challenge tomorrow morning) x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is fabulous - i love it and the papers are just perfect.

Well done to Alan!! You must be proud...
and if you need any insurance so he can practise i can recommend "Covered learner " - you can buy a month at a time... and then when he passes .. try LV - we got an absolute bargain!
Lisa x

marion said...

Fabulous, I almost want to eat it ! Very nice card. Hugs, Marion

Claire said...

This is brilliant - just love this card, what a great image. have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Catie Cuddles said...

This is beautifully out together. I understand why you are loving the papers. And who doesn't love a glam cupcake!

coops said...

mmmm yummmy card janice.gorgeous image and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

Really gorgeous love your image K x

susiestacey said...

Hi Janice, gorgeous card, love the festive cupcake and it matches the papers perfectly. Well done to Alan on passing the theory test x Susan x

Renata said...

Great card, your cupcake is super!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Challenges {with sketches}.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

WOW....love how this came together and the papers you have chosen again are awesome....ahhh...and love that lace in the background...wow!

Carol said...

Super card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this time Carol DT x

Claire said...

wow fab card, love the colours and that image is great! Thanks for joining us at CCWS
Claire xx

Barbara said...

Can I have a bite?? Very cute!

Helen said...

Fabulous card - yummy cupcake!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge - hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, yummi cake! Sorry I am late in commenting this week! Thanks for entering our Challenge at ABC Christmas challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)