Wednesday 30 April 2014

Bugaboo "Brave" - Party Planner

...And now for something completely different! (No hats in sight!)

To close my Guest Designer spot at Bugaboo, I was asked to write a tutorial for them.  Something I have never done, and something made even harder by the number of  turorials already on their blog.  Check them out, as they cover a huge variety of topics and are well worth a visit.

Anyway, what I decided to do was to prepare a party pack for a childs birthday using Bugaboo images, and it just so happens it was my nieces 8th birthday this month, so this is what I did;



We live in Scotland, and my niece just loves the Disney/Pixar film Brave, so we went with a Scottish theme - and as luck would have it, Merida in Brave looks like Brat Sitter - Curly Hair Girl over in Bugaboo, once coloured!





Obviously you can choose any theme your child likes as there are loads more characters and animals available at Bugaboo - and you can always adapt things to suit as I did.

Above I've shown you one of each of the items, but obviously they were mass produced.

Party Invites
Select your Bugaboo image and paste it into word, resize it then copy it three times onto an A4 sheet.  Have the column of images on the RHS.  On a second sheet type out your party invite details and this time align on the left of the page in triplicate.

Print the images first, then flip the card and re-feed it into your printer to allow the text to be printed on the rear.

*Do a test run first so you get the printing in the righ place before you start your mass production!

Finally score the card in the middle, fold and cut the A4 sheet into 3 small cards, of approx 9.9cm height.


It's then up to you whether you colour the invites or you send them out un-coloured for the guests to do themselves.  This image is Brat, Diabetic Kid - available here.  This was meant to represent my niece in school uniform - she approved!

Bookmarks
One of the activities we decided on at the party was for the girls to colour a "Merida" book mark.  So, using my fish-tail dies, the base of the book-mark was assembled and a ribbon and name tag affixed.  Enough Bugaboo Brat Sitters were then printed and cut out ready for the girls to colour & stick on.



Party Bag Tags
Again using dies, (Nestie circles and scalloped circles,) Brat Sitter was cut out and given a scalloped trim and a tartan ribbon all ready for the girls to colour then be attached to their party bag for home.  Nothing to complicated here, but another party idea.




Thank-You Notelets
Finally a set of thank you notelets was printed with blank insides so that thank-you's could be sent post party. These also carried a Bugaboo image - this time I went with Thank You Flower.  The beauty of digi's is that you can mass print using a printer.  I would have been ages inking and stamping if I'd chosen a rubber stamp but as I went digi, my card fronts appeared in under a minute.

The image was specifically selected with a border - so no need to mount.  Minimal colouring was needed - good for mass production and glitter & glaze were added to brighten the cards.

And these are they,

Other party items for this Scottish/Brave themed party included;
Bear Paw Cakes;Highland Coo Cupcakes; Tartan bean bags; Wisps; and tartan hair slides.  Depending on your theme and the age of children involved, you would taylor your party to suit your own needs.

Made using rectangles of tartan material and filled with red lentils.

Made with ribbon gathered in a chain and fixed to a hair clip.

Made with a ribbon sewn into a circle shape and attached to clip.

Blue bags filled with treats and hung about the garden like wisps.



Finally party games included the usual pass the parcel and corners along with a dressing up game and the tossing of the caber!


Obviously the adults had to show the girls what to do!

If you have any questions on any of the above, just email me and I'll try to help, Jx   (scazcat@gmail.com)


Challenges;
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Craftitude - Anything Goes
Get Inky - Diecuts
Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Whimsy Inspiration - Anything Goes
Wordart Wednesday - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SO impressed Janice, I can't begin to tell you!! What a fab party theme. I LOVE Brave, so wish I could have come to the party!! Looks like great fun was had by all!! xx

Mel said...

wow how long did that take you
thanks for joining us at brown sugar challenge Mel DT

Desire Fourie said...

One awesome party with so many fun elements. Just adore the wonderful party packs - which I am sure the party goers loved.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Looks like a good time was had by all love the theme and your party packs are fantastic. Love Alison xx

Faye said...

Wonderful post with such variety. That stamp of the red haired girl is just fab.

Sue B said...

Oh WowZer Janice... what a wonderful Party Planner you are!!!! you could set up your own business!!... I love all the Bugaboo makes, especially how the girls can colour in their own images... what a lovely idea!
and I love the Tossing the Caber game... and the fab Bear Paws!! everything is just perfect... bet the girls had a fab time!
Hope you have a lovely evening hun!
Hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

This was adorable!!! I bet your niece had a blast! Thanks for playing at Get Inky!

Sue said...

WOW! Janice these look wonderful! I love the whole Scottish theme with all your coordinating items. Such great designs, I love the bookmarks and party bag tags for the girls to colour.
The cupcakes and bear paws look fabulous too!
Sue xx

Chantal said...

Such lovely creations! She does exactly look like Merida in Brave this way! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Knockouts!
Chantal

susiestacey said...

Lovely makes and great party ideas too Janice. x Susan x

shampylou30 said...

What a great theme for a girls party. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I want to throw my birthday party and for that I need your help. Please share some tips here.
best birthday party bar nyc