Sunday 28 September 2014

My Guy!

It's been a few days since I last updated you on Merlot's progress.  Some of these have been good days, others not so.  But we made the desision yesterday to start letting him outside again as he was just so low being stuck in, and it has certainly had the desired effect, my guy is much happier now, the spring to his step has returned and so to has his purr!


On the down side though, the Aberdeen vet thinks he has a jaw fracture and wants to repair that which may involve taping his mouth shut for two weeks and him being tube fed, and the final blow was when they said they'd just remove his eye while they were at it!  ME THINKS NOT!

All of the above may eventually come to pass, but I do think Merlot has improved loads without surgical intervention and I'd like to see how far his recovery will reach before making drastic decisions...watch this space! Jx

10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aw, he's a real trooper. Such a sweetie, he looks like my Kiwi. I am so happy to hear he is on the mend and improving every day! Sounds like there is still a long road to go with more surgery to follow. Sending best wishes for Merlot's continued improvement and recovery!

Hugs,
Kitty

Kathyk said...

Poor Merlot, glad to hear the purr is back though. Here's hoping that the surgical intervention won't be as drastic as you've been warned - fingers firmly crossed.

Thanks for the update

Kathyk

Debs said...

Awww Janice - he is soooooo handsome :o)
Thanks for the update.
Hope Merlot continues to make improvement without the need of surgical intervention.
Debs xx

Sue said...

Awwwww poor Merlot, I do hope that surgery is not needed and that he continues to make good progress. It's good that you feel able to let him outside now and he must be a lot happier if his purr has returned!
Sue xx

coops said...

aw he is doing so well janice.i do hope you manage to avoid him having to have surgery.lots of gentle hugs for merlot.xxx

susiestacey said...

Sendings lots of (((hugs))) your way x Susan x

Squirrel x said...

Bless him, he's a fighter. If he does have to lose his eye hun, try not to fret too much. My friend's cat Harry lost his (disease, not injury) and he recovered perfectly well, he was much happier and had a rakish wink. I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does, he will cope. Sending huge hugs to you both xx

marion said...

Thank you so much for the update, Merlot is doing fine from what I can tell, although not healed, those drastic decisions can always still be made in the future, let's just see how fat he comes without :), I am sure when it is needed, it must be done, but before that time..... I am glad he is doing so much better whilst being outside, please spoil him for me and cuddle him, he is still in my thoughts and prayers, hugs, Marion

Whisper said...

Sending you all big hugs, especially Merlot X

Tammy said...

Oh I'm so happy to see such a sweet pic of Merlot Janice, I hope he continues to heal without surgery!
Hugs, Tammy