Sunday 21 September 2014

Merlot

No card today, but instead a progress report on Merlot - yup that gorgeous kitten I showed you the other week beside the mouse.

Unfortunately he was badly injured on Wednesday and had to be rushed to the vet.  Still don't know if he was hit by a vehicle or attacked by an animal, but his injuries were extensive - to horrid to share.

Anyway he was in the vets till Fri and as he was managing to eat they let him home.  He has to go back this coming week to be assessed.

He has nasty facial injuries, a horrendous eye and a squint jaw.  He now goes about dribbling and with his tongue out so goodness knows what's wrong.  Hopefully as the swelling goes down some of the above will correct, just have to wait and see.  Our main concern however is his left eye, it is considerably calmer, but unfortunately he hasn't seen through it since the accident and it's not looking as it should.  Fingers crossed my little kitten makes a full recovery.  Rest is a great healer and he's getting plenty of that along with much love.
Jx

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Poor thing - fingers crossed for a good (and hopefully FULL) recovery for poor kitty

Kathyk

Sarah said...

Oh Janice.....how dreadful!! Poor little mite, so sorry to hear this terrible news. I wish him a really speedy recovery and hope that (as you say) things will correct as the swelling reduces. Keep us posted xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh my, so sorry to hear this. Your kitty looks so much like my Kiwi. I hope Merlot will be okay - the injuries sound terrible - this is very upsetting to me. I love cats so much. Sending prayers your way and hoping Merlot makes a full recovery.

Squirrel x said...

Janice, I have tears pouring down here, poor wee mite, but if love is what Merlot needs to find the strength to recover then he couldn't be in a better place. Sending hugs and prayers to you both xx

marion said...

He will be in my prayers and hope Merlot will be jumping around healthy very very soon, I will also burn a candle for this sweet guy, lots of cuddles to you, xoxo, Marion

Sue B said...

Awww bless little Merlot...so glad he is home with you and getting lots of love and hugs... and as you say time and rest are great healers... I pray that he comes through this ok and makes a full recovery hun.
Take Care my friend
Love Sue xx

Tammy said...

Oh Janice, sending you and Merlot lots of hugs and prayers... I wish him a very speedy recovery.
Tammy xxx

Debs said...

Sending gentle hugs to Merlot and big squishy ones to you.
I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling - but I pray that Merlot makes a speedy recovery.
Take good care.
Debs xx

Sue said...

Awwww poor Merlot. It must be a terrible worry for you. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Yes, rest is a great healer and he has lots of love from you too which will help too I'm sure.
Take care
Sue xx

susiestacey said...

Awwww poor little Merlot - hope he soon makes a full and speedy recovery x Susan x