Tuesday 2 October 2012

Inspired By A Song (Or Film)

... but I went with a song...

And the song is - Kids In America by Kim Wilde a hit back in 1981 for all the youngsters out there!  I was at school when it reached No 1 and for anyone interested, here's a blast from the past!

So,
Inspired By A  Film or Song

Is the latest theme for the Oldie But A Goodie Challenge set this time by the lovely Laurie.

To join the challenge, please follow the theme and include something older than 6 months on your project and tell us what it is.


My Oldie was the paper - Doodlebug - from a set which is a few years old now.

The sponsor this time is the ever so generous Bugaboo Stamps & one lucky winner will receive 7 free digi's of their choice.


My card features the lovely Ava, a Bugaboo Digi along with a freebie stamp from Designed2Delight, & it's still available last time I checked!

Challenges;
Designed2Delight - September Challenge
Pile It On - For A Child
Fussy & Fancy - Trip Around The World - The card is for a little girl having a farewell birthday party before moving to America with her parents.
MAWTT - Seeing red
Song Bird - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

For more inspiration visit the main blog & see what the rest of the DT made, Jx

17 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Simply gorgeous hun, and such fab colours. Hugs Sxx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card, love the image and super papers.
Hugs
Caz x

Sue said...

Fabulous card. I love the image with great colours and brilliant layout.

Sue

Laura Bradley said...

Fabulous card Janice! Love the cute girlie and the fab heart! Thanks for sharing with us at Songbird! Laura x

Whisper said...

What a great fun card hun and yes i remember 'Kids in America' too, i used to play it all the time !!!, Luv Sam x

Debs said...

Stunning card Janice - love the adorable image and fabulous LO.
That's me singing this for the rest of the day now lol!!!
Take care
Debs xx

P.s Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

DesignerDiva said...

Fantastic card Janice and a great interpretation of the song -I love it!!
I've just been looking around - how did I miss so much here!! I love that cat on your spooky post its awesome gonna nip over to see if I can still nab it!
Hugs Laurie x

Mary said...

What a wonderful card...I am sure the little girl receiving it will love it! Such and exciting time for her...when I was 8 I moved from Holland to Canada and my classmates made me a beautiful book full of pictures they made for me...I still have it :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge...good luck!

Hugs,
Mary

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant, What a great card, I love that song its such a great happy one, Thanks for playing on MAWTT, Love Hxx

coops said...

we`re the kids in america, wahoo.
fabulous card janice, great image and papers and now i am going to be singing that song all night :D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

Wonderful card Janice...love the image and brilliant papers....can't get that song out of my head now....
Debbie x

Claire said...

Brilliant card Janice, love the American theme. Thanks for playing along with MAWTT this week. Hugs, Claire x

Tracy said...

Hi Janice
Great take on the challenge, love your heart, fab design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Melissa S. said...

Love this. The Brats are some of my favorite Bug images. This one is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Pile It On this week.

sue w. said...

A fabulous card. Love the image and the papers are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges.
Hugs Sue W.

Chris said...

very cute. the red, white and blue looks fabulous (coming from me that's a big compliment because that is not a color combo I like) without being cloying. the little girl image is adorable and the americana flag is sharp.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Chris said...

very cute. the red, white and blue looks fabulous (coming from me that's a big compliment because that is not a color combo I like) without being cloying. the little girl image is adorable and the americana flag is sharp.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.