Saturday 28 August 2010

Ga-Ga!


I've actually enjoyed making this card with my new magna girl stamp from Sugar Nellie. I've coloured her in red & black, inspired by the Lady Gaga song, "Bad Romance". Now I have to admit I do like the song but I can't stand Lady Gaga I just think she's too off the wall. Having said that, I did watch the video clip posted on the Crafty Cardmakers site, & I would say it's very clever.

So, enough chatter, I'm entering this card for both the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge, having used black & red as my dominant colours. I did try the lace element, but I could only get white, & it was just a bit too pretty & nice for the card.

The card itself is made using the layout in this weeks Sugarbowl challenge. Although you can't see it too well, there are two stripes down the card however they don't show up too well in the photo due to the darkness of the Basic Grey Granola paper behind.

Jx

7 comments:

Denise said...

Great card - love the Manga images.

Denise xx

Elaine said...

Fab card! Great colour combo and it really suits this little Manga Goth girl.
Thanks for joining in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.
Love Elaine xx

Lin said...

What a fun take on the video challenge.

By the way, if you used promarkers to colour her, did you realise you could also have coloured yourself some lace with them to match? Another method to colour lace is with your distress inkpads, if you have them? I buy lots of white lace just because I can colour it myself.

Your lovely zigzag punch looks like lace anyhow.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Lilian said...

Your card rocks! Love the black and red combo - and yes I see the black strips just fine :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge! Have a wonderful day!

Dee said...

This is so cute. You did a really nice job.

Thanks for joining use at Crafty Cardmarkers.

PCM said...

I like the red border - it really sets off the center image. Nice job, TFS

Vixykins said...

Fantastic card hunny, a very good take on the theme thank you!
I also colour lace with distress inks, just tap some on, give it a spritz of water then scrunch it up and let it dry, you can make faux vintage really easy like that :)

Thank You for coming to play at Crafty Cardmakers x