Thursday 24 October 2013

Shaped Cards - Thanks Laurie!!!

Morning everyone, a scheduled post for you today as I'm away on a course in Edinburgh this week.  Before I went however I made this card for Laurie's challenge over at Moving Along With The Times.  Now normally I like Laurie's challenges, but this time she had me as the challenge is

Shaped Cards!

Thanks Laurie! I thought it was just Lisa who loved these, but apparently a growing number of people are moving away from square.  So a card making first for me, as I don't have a fancy cutting machine, and my Big Shot dies don't do big dies, (oh yeah, I don't have big dies!)  So what was I to do other than panic?

Search the web of course for card templates and there were loads to choose from!




I made this using a tutorial found on line at Papercraft Inspirations, with my own take on things!

Template Found Here. and some kitchen bits (not used by me) Here.

So, if like me you have a panic at the thought of shaped cards, be brave, see what's out there and come join us at MAWTT this week!

Challenges;

12 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

OMWord! all that fuss and then you produce this amazing creation!! Well my wee Scottish friend you have triumphed in the face of adversity!! (Dramatic I know but as you were being a drama queen I thought I'd join you) An apron with cupcakes - perfect!!
Hope you're having fun and not taxing the grey cells too much!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, Well Done you on the challenging challenge!!! I dont have big dies either :( Hope Edinburgh is fine and dandy, Love Hazelxox

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Janice and I love those papers...good job! xx

Claire said...

LOL glad she gave you a challenge hun and you certainly came up with the goods - love it! Hugs, Claire x

Debs said...

Perfectly fabulous!!! You really had no need to worry so much :o)
Debs xx

Tammy said...

Oh this is sooo cute Janice, I love that apron design and your gorgeous papers! Thanks for the links!
Hugs, Tammy

Pami said...

This is fabulous Janice!! More shaped cards from you I think!! Pami x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Perfect shaped card love the Apron gorgeous. Love Alison xx

Hazel said...

Somebody is going to love receiving this cute little apron card. Hazel x

Whisper said...

Oh WOW, what a super idea, Luv Sam x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute!! Love the sweet colors!

coops said...

so stunning janice.fabulous apron design and i love your papers :D

xx coops xx