Tuesday 14 September 2010

Green Card


What fun I have had today, playing about with this card & learning new things - let me explain... Well my card is like no other I have made to date. It's green in colour but green by nature too - can you spot the recycled coke can?

Yes you read correctly, but I had a double take last night when I read a thread over on Do Crafts which directed me to this blog page by Craft-Fairy

Having read all about it last night, coke was purchased & consumed today then I set to work on the can, it's so easy & I love the finished die cuts.




Now as luck would have it, the challenge on My Partner in Crafting Crime was a 3-2-1 recipe, 3 embs (2 ribbon bands & a gem), 2 papers - yup got that & to add something unusual to your card, that you normally wouldn't - so I thought I ticked off that bit of the challenge nicely with my coke can numbers.

Finally I also did a load of paper piecing on my PB lady, giving her a lovely co-ordinated outfit and so fitting the challenge on Crafty Cats.




Jx

11 comments:

Shelly said...

Hello! Oh what a super card, and I just LOVE the idea of the coke can... so very clever! Well done! Shelly ;)

Lisa Bird said...

This looks fab!! so glad you gave it a try, it looks so classy!!
I love writing my die cut tutorials and this one was so much fun, i am so pleased others enjoy them too!

carol said...

hello shelly.WOW waste not want not!! well done using the coke can, love your PB image with all the Paper piecing going on, thanks for joining us this week at Craftycatz, x carol

JR Creations said...

That is just fantastic! What a superb idea! Off to the shop in the morning to buy some coca cola! :-D Thanks for sharing and for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime!

Jenny T.

annies place said...

Fabulous card Janice, I saw the item on the coke can but didn't read it, looks interesting are the fingers still intact as it does sound like the edges would be a bit sharp.
Looks good though,
Ann x

Robin said...

Well, isn't that clever!!! Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime's Recipe Challenge!! Robin

susiestacey said...

What a great card x Susan x

coops said...

great card,fab image and i love your colour combo.the coke can numbers are brilliant :)

xx coops xx

Lindsey said...

Great card! Love this image and it looks great with the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Whisper said...

Am loving the paper piecing on her dress and what a pretty colour too - oooo coke cans and die cutting - shame we don't drink coke in this house !!! Luv Sam x

Sarah said...

Fab card and isn't that tutorial great. I've been looking at the Tim Holtz metal numerals, who needs them when you've got coke cans!