Friday 17 July 2015

The Bugaboo 5th Christmas in July Challenge - Day 7

Last day today of the Bugaboo Christmas in July event, and what a busy fun week it has been!  Seven cards in seven days - a challenge for sure, but luckily I was home based this week and could join in each day.

Today's closing challenge was to use the Friday Freebie and to pick a present from the penguin parade below!



Greedy me, I chose 2 presents - Animal/Fabric/Image and Ribbon/Image/ Stitching
- I am a bit of a rascal when it comes to presents!

Friday Challenge - Friday Freebie & a Penguin Present - Day 7
 - and this is what I created...



So for my makes I used The Rudolph image, coloured him with Promarkers then stuck a little version onto my jar of marmalade and tied it up with gold ribbon.  The marmalade lid was covered in checked fabric as was the base of the card - it's not paper, it's material with a sewed edge and a frayed border!  The card is kept simple and just finished with a fish tail tag buttons and a sentiment.

Challenges;
Catch The Bug - Day 7
Christmas Stampin All Year Long - CAS
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
Daring Card Makers - Christmas in July
Winter Wonderland - Traditional Christmas Colours( red & green )
CRAFT - Christmas
Cutie Pies - Cute as a button
Christmas @ Sweet Stampin - Oh Deer
ABC Christmas  - N - Not a card - I did do a card, but I also did a jar of marmalade with fabric hat and matching tag.  (Marmalade homemade this week, yum!)

The marmalade was home made this week from a tin of mamade (- I so love homemade marmalade it's so much nicer than shop bought!) It is a little gift to accompany my card, so as well as receiving gifts, I also enjoy giving, Jx



20 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fabulous companion set Janice, love the marmalade and pretty fabric. I have one last card to share although I didn't manage the full compliment xx

Mel C said...

Such a cute card Janice, love your coloring!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card and marmalade jar Janice, you have been busy this week! Love all your Bugaboo creations!
Shame I didn't get a chance to join in, it's been a busy and very emotional week with my youngest child leaving primary school :(
Wendy xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is brill,hes a fab wee digi, so quick to colour and a happy wee bloke!!! Thank You for such a fun week. Its been a blast. No idea what Im gonna do next week now!!!! Love H xx

mulberry station said...

Wow, love your project. I love the checked design paper. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.

Megan J said...

Hi Janice, What a lovely gift tag and card, I love that some people are able to stretch themselves further than challenged by using more than intended, I came across one lady who decided to use all nine boxes on that challenges bingo round! Have a great weekend...Megan

Dawn said...

cute and funny reindeer image and love the matching tag. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card and matching gift tag Janice, your fabric base was a great idea along with the matching cover on your home made marmalade.
Pauline
x

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness I love them both! Thanks for joining us for Christmas in July at Catch the Bug, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT.

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue

Marie Bingaman said...

Rudolph is super cute on your card and tag! This will be a very nice set for someone to receive! :)

Julie said...

Super cute Christmas set. Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge.

Dorte said...

Such a yummi Christmas gift set. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. We hope to see you again.
Dorte x

Tracey T said...

Love this fun reindeer, Janice. Good for you making marmalade; I've been making plum jam today - thinking that I'll just have to accept that summer isn't coming and welcome autumn instead! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Hugs, Tracey

Anonymous said...

Oh fabulous jar of marmalade with its fabric hat and matching tag, I love homemade marmalade! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

EriEs said...

Such a cute card and tag - love this image.

Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends
Erika, DT

MagsB said...

I so agree with you that homemade marmalade is miles better than shop-bought, Janice! Your matching card and tag are just perfect - I love the cute Bugaboo reindeer!! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Jennifer said...

Love your cute card and gift, Janice.

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland for our 'Traditional Christmas Colours' challenge, and good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Jennifer. x

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely card and tag and such a fun image. Thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies. Shona xx