Monday 3 August 2015

Nautical

A change from Bugaboo, and back to another crafting favourite of mine, Ooh La La and CD crafting as its the start of a new challenge over there today.  Lynn, has chosen

Nautical 

as the current theme and, as I grew up beside the seaside and loved collecting shells when I was little, I chose this shell image for my card.


My card uses my new, super de duper stepper card die from Maddy-Lisa available here. Now by the time this card posts, I'll have probably used this die loads of times, but this is my first make with it.  I think we can all see that the image used was a tad too big to fully appreciate the steps, but I made it whilst we were staying in Aberdeen the other month and I had limited cardmaking bits with me so I had to make do with what I had - still love the card though!

Challenges;
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Summer Breeze - Blue sky's & beaches
Crafty Boots - Beach/Summer vacation
Kitty Bee - Ocean/ Water Animals - Sea shells and other sea creatures
Polkadoodles - More that one fold


15 comments:

Linby said...

I thought it was a design feature that the topper was bigger than the base, one I am going to copy! It looks fab and a great image you chose too.
Lynn x

Wynn said...

I love this image Janice. I nearly chose that one too. I like your design.......as Lynn said...thought it was a design feature too. Wynn c

Michelle J M said...

Fabulous card Janice, I love that image. I used the same stepper die but I love the way your image is bigger, really effective. Michelle x

Sarah said...

Such a fabulous card Janice and I have to agree with the other peeps that the image looks just right!! Don't you just love that die set!!? xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

See you shouldn't have said you had done the larger topper by accident as it looks brill. We would have thought you were a creative genius!!! Love the card its so summery!!! hope the weather takes note!!! Love H xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Janice - love the image and the fabulous LO.
Wish the weather would improve for more than a day - all we seem to get is one day of sun then back to dull and damp :o(
Hope all is well.
Debs xx

Carole said...

Fabby card Janice, love the LO
Hugs
Carole x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Janice, such a gorgeous image (I very nearly used this one as well) and great design.
Pauline
x

Joan said...

What a lovely nautical card!! I will have to check this die out!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card, I love this shape and the fab colours you have used. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

Great card. I love your design and how you have layered the image. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great seaside themed card and a great shape too, Luv Sam x

Karon said...

Wonderful card and thanks for joining us for our Folds Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Alli Devine said...

This is one of my favourite images from the CD I just love the colour combo Alli x

chanya13 said...

So cute and sweet card. Thanks for joining us in our More than One Fold Challenge at Polkadoodles Hugs Agnieszka DT