Tuesday 18 February 2014

Buttons

Morning everyone and welcome to a new challenge over at An Oldie But A Goodie.  This time, Dips has chosen the theme of,

Buttons
(Please remember to use something older than 6 months on your project and to tell us what it is.)

For my card, I had another go at vintage style, so that I could encorporate an old photograph onto my card. The photo is of my neighbour who celebrated her birthday this week - Happy Birthday Stella!  I have to admit I told her a pack of lies as to why I needed an old photo, so I could get one for her card.  We discussed it on her birthday and she said the day I ran off with the photo she truely believed it was for a vintage challenge.  It was only days later that the penny dropped and she realised I was up to something.


Papers this time are a mix of Basic Grey and MME, my oldie is the button and lace and the pearls are Hobbyhouse, from the lovely Pami.  My oldie is the photo and the lace and the flower is made following a super tutorial posted by Craftyloops.

Challenges;
Hobby House - Anything goes - the pearl brads are HH
Flat Friends - More than 1 fold.
Sweet Stamps - Fun folds
Allsorts - Use brads - Hobby House pearl ones
Little Claires - Monotone
Open Minded Crafting Fun - Monochrome

The prize this time around is a bag of buttons from Andrea.




20 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Janice x Susan x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Janice, how lovely to use the recipients old photo in this way. I love the papers and beautiful detailing too.
Sue xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Jan stunning card love the use of the buttons. Love Alison xx

cass said...

Gorgeous vintage easel card, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous vintage card - I love the design :-) Thank you so much for joining us for the Flat Friends challenge, Em xx

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Sarah said...

What a truly lovely card Janice (you sneaky thing!!) and I bet she was delighted with it. I just love the pram in the picture! xx

brenda said...

This is just lovely Janice and how to to be so personalised for your neighbour.

Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card and love the colours and the image, thank you for mentioning our product in your post and for joining us at the Hobby House challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO gorgeous Janice… what a wonderful photo and the papers and embellishments show it off beautifully! I love the lace flower…. it's a stunning card and I bet Stella loves it!! :-)
Hope you're having a good week !!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

DesignerDiva said...

Sneaky old you!! your neighbour must have been thrilled when she saw this beautiful card though Janice. Gorgeous details and design.
I had one of those big Silver Cross prams for my eldest, when the twins came along the next year they were both in at while I was waiting for delivery of the twin pram!
Hugs Laurie xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby vintage, classy card hun and am loving the lace flower, i've been meaning to try that tutorial for ages, Luv Sam x

Debs said...

This is so beautiful Janice - your neighbour must have been thrilled to bits to receive it - but how sneaky are you lol!!!
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Donna K said...

How wonderful that you used this photo for your friends birthday card! Just wonderful….love the vintage feel and easel style. Just lovely!!! Thanks for playing along with our fun folds challenge at SweetStamps.com & have a lovely day today!

Unknown said...

OMG!! You had me laughing while reading about how you ninja'd the photo from your neighbor LOL!! And that she knew!! That is so funny!! I love it!! And your card is gorgeous!! The vintage photo was a brilliant idea!! I LOVE it!!! And then to give it back to her like this for her birthday.. WONDERFUL!!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Karen said...

Stunningly fabulous hun!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun for our Monochrome Challenge and good luck!

Hugs,
Karen. DT.xx

Pami said...

Beautiful card, I love how your have used the pearl buttons. Thanks for sharing with us at The Hobby House this month, good luck and hope to see you again soon! Pami x

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh that's such a gorgeous and fabulous card! how clever of you to incorporate a picture from your friend for her own card! Love it!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Helen said...

Just gorgeous - such a great idea for a card.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen N x